Everything is going a lot faster than I thought it would. While Nick is off hunting with his Dad and Grandpa, I have been busy here with paperwork. We now have a home study agency, Child and Parent Services. They have been great working with me to get things started while Nick is away. Because they know we have an agreement with another agency they are allowing me to sign their agreement and send it in and Nick can sign it at our first meeting. They are down in the Detroit area, 2 1/2 hours away so we are going to try and do everything in 2-3 visits. They will come to the house once and we will go down there 1-2 times, on our way to Red Wing games so we don't have to make a special trip. The director said our social worker is a big Red Wings fan so hopefully we can score some points with her. We also have to get physicals, Thank God our new Dr. got us in for the 21st of this month. My biggest fear is the blood work, we have to get STD testing done (not worried about the results just the giving blood part). I HATE needles and in the past have passed out while getting shots. I did have blood work done earlier in the year in Bad Axe and the nurse was awesome. My only fear is that I will have to go to Saginaw and they will not be as good there. Oh well, it is only once (hopefully) and the end result will be worth it. I have also been doing an online class that we are required to take. Nick is reading the info while on his trip and I have been reading it here and taking the tests. The info is taken from a Medical Book for International Adoptions. There are a lot of medical terms that make parts very difficult to read, but I have made it through most of them. Only 3 more chapters to go and we are done with them, I should be able to finish them tonight. Other than that just have to wait for our home study and for our dossier packet to arrive (more paperwork).
My Mom also came over for 3 days last week and helped clean the house. It looks AMAZING!! Hopefully we can keep it this clean, we will try hard. It was great to spend some quality time with her and talk her into coming over to Poland for a week to meet her Grandbaby! THANK YOU MOM! We truly are blessed to have the families that we have. I don't know how we would have got through this without them.
Monday, October 12, 2009
We have a Home Study Agency!
Posted by Renee at 7:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)



0 comments:
Post a Comment