We had a hard decision to make this past week and I am confident that we are moving in the right direction. We received a call on 4-13-2011 asking if we would be interested in adopting a little boy from Russia. After 13 months of waiting for a referral from Poland and only receiving a couple referrals for children over 3, we felt it would be a good idea for us to look into other options. Poland is a great country and we would have loved to adopt from there, but the children being referred were a little older than we want for our family. We were ecstatic when we received a call asking if we would be interested in adopting a little boy around a year old from Russia, exactly what we want! We don't have a referral yet, but it is looking promising that we will not have to wait long. Yes, this did mean that we had to do all the paperwork over again and start a new wait for "the call", but I know it will be worth it. Now it might be possible for us to see him take his first step and hear his first word. We had prepared our hearts to accept an older child, but I know we will be so much happier having a little one. Can you tell I am excited!!
This past 2 days we have been busy preparing all of our paperwork to send into our new agency. Thankfully we can use most of the papers that we just renewed for Poland. They are all in an envelope on the counter waiting to be mailed out in the morning. Our agency should have them before the weekend and then the wait begins. We know God has a plan for us and for our little one. At the peak of our frustrations he gave us this awesome opportunity. Please help us pray that our little guy stays safe until we can travel to meet him, and for us that the wait goes quickly and we can have him home with us. I will keep you updated!
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Switching things up a bit.... Russia it is!
Posted by Renee at 11:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)



4 comments:
I am so happy for you Renee! I hope everything goes well and very quickly.
Big decisions, but things sound promising! Good luck getting your paperwork switched over quickly :-)
What AMAZING news! This journey definitely takes you to places that you never quite thought imaginable. How great it was of your adoption worker to suggest this referral. I can't wait to hear all about it.
Good luck -
We also switched from one country to another during our journey. The paperwork is so much easier the second time around:) Hopefully, it works well for you and you can see your little one soon.
You are very lucky (or someone has a hand in how this turns out)that someone asked you about a different country and child.
I look back now and know that our daughter wasn't ready to be adopted when we first started the process so the wait, although long for us, was necessary so that we were matched together.
Best wishes
Post a Comment